Friday, February 10, 2012

Two Faced Demon

The thing i like most about doing a half and half look is the idea of creating two characters at once and having the two personalities boil into one.
This one is something i've been wanting to do for a while

Product List:
Red Cream Paint
Black Cream Paint
Mehron Liquid Latex
Black Eyeliner
White Eyeshadow
Copper or Redtone Pigment
Gel Blood
Black Zombie Blood

Procedure:
1. paint around your eye with latex
2. attach prostetic, eyepatch etc.
3. hold prosthetic against skin for 3-5 mintues, seal the edges with latex
4. coat 1/2 of your face and chest in latex
5. use crumpled tissue paper on latex
6. coat tissue paper in latex
7. do two to three layers of tissue paper and latex
8. cover eyebrow on the other side with gluestick
9. while latex is drying, paint other half of face with red cream paint
10. after two or three coats of red paint, set with a copper/redtone pigment
11. if the latex is dry now, paint with red paint, allow time to dry
12. rip holes in latex on chest, paint as well
13. draw on eyebrow and eye makeup
14. if the latex side is dry, blend black paint into red paint with a stippling sponge
15. apply fake blood, red and/or black
16. use black eyeliner on lips




4 comments:

  1. I kept coming back between the reptile and demon pictures trying to decide which I liked best. In the end, I think this one wins out. (It was close.) The make up & technique are the star of this character and I love the copper colouring. I note that you used black as shading and wonder if you've considered (for the copper) mixing some purples and deep reds for some of the shadowing? In a horror setting (like a haunt), it won't matter, but with photography, I'm thinking it might be nice. Your application & building up the skin & the eye socket are just phenomenal. I never get scared in haunts, but I am known to comment to an actor with exceptional make up how great it is. THIS would definitely elicit that response from me. Truly wonderful and horrific. Again, I can only reiterate how impressed I am with your work & how much I look forward to seeing more of it. One more thing, do you do step-by-step photographs? Brilliant! Thanks for sharing these snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question in the above comment should have read, "Did you do step-by-step photographs of this character development?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do not take step by step photos but i've thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I especially love how you give directions for us to try at home! Keep up the awesome work! Can't wait to see more creepy things! :)

    ReplyDelete